Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
William

Default How do I separate end notes from the rest of the document?

How do I separate end notes from the rest of the document? I created endnotes
in my document but when I got to the end I created my own and deleted the
numbers. But now I can't backspace to get rid of the additonal page and when
i try to make a page break it creates another unnecessary page. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've read your question twice (here and in the other NG where you posted
it), and I still can't figure out what you actually did. Did you insert
endnotes using the Insert | Reference | Footnote command? Then how did you
"create your own"? What numbers did you delete? The endnote reference
numbers in the text (the correct method)? What additional page? I think
you'll have to give us a bit more to go on.

"William" wrote in message
How do I separate end notes from the rest of the document? I created

endnotes
in my document but when I got to the end I created my own and deleted the
numbers. But now I can't backspace to get rid of the additonal page and

when
i try to make a page break it creates another unnecessary page. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
William

Hi Suzanne-

Thanks for your reply.
I used the insert reference endnote command to place the footnote numbers
within the text. When I got to the end of the document, I saw that it
automatically created the numbers in a list format to place the entries.
Instead of using the given numbered list, I deleted it and pasted my own onto
the end of the document. However, there are a couple of pages that come after
my endnotes (about the author & a bibliography) and the endnotes format with
the line along the top of page persists at the very end. When I try to
backspace to delete the unecessary page, it tells me that this function is
not allowed in endnotes. So bascially I have one extra page at the end of my
document that I can't figure out how to delete or at best at least delete the
page number so that it's a blank page.

"William" wrote in message
How do I separate end notes from the rest of the document? I created

endnotes
in my document but when I got to the end I created my own and deleted the
numbers. But now I can't backspace to get rid of the additonal page and

when
i try to make a page break it creates another unnecessary page. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay, so what you're saying is that you created endnotes without really
understanding how they would work?

First of all, if what you want is a numbered list of references, then you
need to use a different technique altogether (see the "Endnotes in
Alphabetical Order" section of
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/footnotefaq.htm).

Second, you don't have to have the endnotes at the very end of the document;
there is a way to get them to relinquish this position. See the "Text after
Endnotes" section of http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/footnotefaq.htm.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I've read your question twice (here and in the other NG where you posted
it), and I still can't figure out what you actually did. Did you insert
endnotes using the Insert | Reference | Footnote command? Then how did

you
"create your own"? What numbers did you delete? The endnote reference
numbers in the text (the correct method)? What additional page? I think
you'll have to give us a bit more to go on.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.