Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MTJ

Default Open File

In Word XP, when a user attempts to use the "Open" function, they cannot type
a portion of the file to be opened, then hit open to view all files
associated. Example: a folder has docs with naming convention lastname-loan
number. When the user types the loan number in the open file dialog, only
the subfolders appear in the field. In Word 97 and Word 2003, this
functionality is working by default. How do I turn this on for Word XP?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MTJ

I figured it out: For Word XP only, you need to use an * in the place of the
unknown characters for the search.