Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christian

Default How can I customize a toolbar to insert a specific word in the foo

Hi,

I need to create a toolbar with comands to be used in Data Classification.
My idea is to add the words confidential, secret and public (each one in a
different command on the toolbar) in the footer of a Word document.

I tried to use some pre-defined command but they need addictional steps to
do the task.

Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Default How can I customize a toolbar to insert a specific word in the footer

Far easier would be to add these as AutoText entries that will show up on
the header/footer toolbar. This would mean actually opening the
header/footer view. The entries themselves could be Word Art images.

Otherwise, you can write (not record) macros to do this, but they won't be
simple. Keep in mind that each Word section has up to three separate footers
and that these may or may not be configured to be the same as previous
section's footers.

Once you have these in your header/footer, do you want your toolbar to also
remove them? (Hint, this is even harder.)

Pick your method and write back. Someone will probably assist you.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Christian" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to create a toolbar with comands to be used in Data Classification.
My idea is to add the words confidential, secret and public (each one in a
different command on the toolbar) in the footer of a Word document.

I tried to use some pre-defined command but they need addictional steps to
do the task.

Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi Christian,

You can place your words in AutoText fragments in your template. With Tools
| Customize... | tab Commands, you can choose AutoText under 'Categories:'.
Drag your AutoText fragments from the 'Commands:' list to their places on
your toolbar.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Christian" wrote:

Hi,

I need to create a toolbar with comands to be used in Data Classification.
My idea is to add the words confidential, secret and public (each one in a
different command on the toolbar) in the footer of a Word document.

I tried to use some pre-defined command but they need addictional steps to
do the task.

Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christian

Default How can I customize a toolbar to insert a specific word in the

Charles,

Thanks for the answer.

It would be good if the users could, for exemple, choose Confidential in the
Toolbar and the word Confidential is written in the footer and, if the user
selected the wrong classification and want to chenge, they just choose other
classification in the toolbar and the word Confidential is automatically
changed to Public.

Is it too hard to do?

"Christian" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to create a toolbar with comands to be used in Data Classification.
My idea is to add the words confidential, secret and public (each one in a
different command on the toolbar) in the footer of a Word document.

I tried to use some pre-defined command but they need addictional steps to
do the task.

Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christian

Cooz,

Thanks for your answer. I tried to do as you told me, but I canĀ“t make the
Autotext Confidential be displayed automatically in the Footer. It is added
where is the cursor in the document.

Do you know any other solution? I would like to have buttoms (like Bold,
Italic, etc.,) where I can select one of them and the document footer would
be changed to Confidential, and, if I clik again in the same buttom, the word
Confidential is deleted from the footer.

"Christian" wrote:

Hi,

I need to create a toolbar with comands to be used in Data Classification.
My idea is to add the words confidential, secret and public (each one in a
different command on the toolbar) in the footer of a Word document.

I tried to use some pre-defined command but they need addictional steps to
do the task.

Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Yes. It is hard to do, at least for me. It requires vba programming in
multiple ranges.
Preparing AutoText is relatively easy, as you've seen.
If you format it to the header/footer style, it will show up on the AutoText
menu.

This would require that you train you users on how to do footers. That is
not a bad thing to do.
--

"Christian" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to create a toolbar with comands to be used in Data
Classification.
My idea is to add the words confidential, secret and public (each one
in a
different command on the toolbar) in the footer of a Word document.

I tried to use some pre-defined command but they need addictional steps
do the task.

Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Simply inserting text in the footer is easy enough. The following macro will
type 'confidential' in the footer, but there are lots of issues to consider
and removal by a toggle is a whole different ball game. For example: which
footer? A document can have many different footers. Is there other text in
the footer. How do you want the entry formatting etc. This could be a major
exercise, whereas manually opening the footer and inserting an autotext
entry as already suggested is much more practical. I wonder too if a
watermark might not be more appropriate? However, if you want to play around
with it for yourself, the code is

Sub Confidential()
Dim startView As String
startView = ActiveWindow.View
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Type = wdPrintView
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageFooter
Selection.TypeText Text:="Confidential"
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekMainDocument
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Type = startView
End Sub

If you need help with the complexities of vba programming then your question
is more appropriately asked in one of the vba forums.

Christian wrote:
Cooz,

Thanks for your answer. I tried to do as you told me, but I can“t