Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fjm

Default recent Word documents

How do I delete the list of recently opened Word documents?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Depends on where the list is. To delete lists on the Start menu or in the
History, you may have to delete a Registry key. To delete the list on the
File menu (which is replicated in the Getting Started task pane), you can
clear the check box for "Recently used file list" on the General tab of
Tools | Options. To delete specific files (rather than the entire list),
press Ctrl+Alt+Hyphen and then click on the filename to be removed. Use this
shortcut with care, as it will delete *any* menu entry you click on.

"fjm" wrote in message
How do I delete the list of recently opened Word documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

See also http://www.gmayor.com/clear_recently_used_file_list.htm

fjm wrote:
How do I delete the list of recently opened Word documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fjm

Thanks - you answered my question.