Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Smith 360

Default find formatting info I used to view in window on right side of scr

I don't know if this has to do with version or what but - I have dinosaur
version (Word 97) on my home computer and had a newer version (but not sure
which)where I used to work. I used to be able to pull up detailed
information on what my document consisted of and it would appear in a window
on the righthand side of my screen. I cannot remember the exact info it
gave, but as I recall it would give indicators of where thing changed in the
typing, like when a new parapgraph started, punctuation, different fonts or
formats. It was different info than the show/hide button and regular
formatting gives. It was really helpful to me and I cannot remember how to
find it. I do remember it was almost impossible to find in Word help as all
the words I could think of to use to look it up wouldn't apply. Haven't been
able to find it here either. Has anyone else found this feature? Can anybody
help me out? Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are describing the Styles and Formatting or Reveal Formatting task pane.
Task panes were introduced in Word 2002 (Office XP); they are not available
in Word 97. For what is, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

"Mary Smith 360" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Smith 360

Default find formatting info I used to view in window on right side of

Thank you very much Suzanne. That answers my question. Believe it or not I
had read your article while searching for this info! I guess I just didn't
really know about the version change. Again thank you. I am grateful that
people like you are willing to take the time to help with these things. Mary
Smith 360 PS: Is there a legitimate way to get a newer version of Word
that's free or not very expensive?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The cheapest way to get Word 2002 is as part of Works Suite 2006, which
lists for around $100 but is available for less through many online sources.
It's exactly the same version of Word 2002 that comes in any Office Suite,
plus five other useful apps. See
http://www.microsoft.com/products/wo...s.aspx?pid=001

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You are describing the Styles and Formatting or Reveal Formatting task

pane.
Task panes were introduced in Word 2002 (Office XP); they are not

available
in Word 97. For what is, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

newsgroup so