Smiles

Default Invisible text

Hi, Beth.

I have experienced this problem. I tried the following:

1. Select the invisible text.
2. Select edit, copy from the menu.
3. Open up another word processing program, like WordPad, and edit, paste it
in WordPad. (It should paste in visible black text.)
4. If this works, go back to Word and copy the remainder of the text and
paste it into WordPad too.
5. Close the Word program.
6. Reopen Word.
7. Click on New Blank Document on the toolbar if a new document is not
already opened.
8. Switch back to WordPad.
9. Select all of the text.
10. Select copy.
11. Switch back to Word.
12. Select edit, paste (or paste special, unformatted text).

The text should be visible in black text. If so, make sure you save the
document with a slightly different name as the original just in case the
original file is corrupt.

Please let me know if this post helpful to you.

"Smiles"

-----------------------

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Seldom do we find the cause of an error in Word to be an installation
issue and if a problem is caused by how Word is configured, i.e.
various options turned on/off, then reinstalling will not resolved
those either.

If the problem isn't due to the font color then I'd say the next item
to rule out is the graphics driver but since it sounds like occurs in
the same area of the document my first thought is font color or font.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

wrote in message

Have you checked the colour of the font in the corner? It
might be the problem. If not, the program might not be
installed properly. Back-up your files and un-install the
program, then try again.

Beth Melton

Considering I'm not the one with the problem I can't say it was
helpful to me personally. :-)

But I would like to see an example of a document that exhibits this
behavior if I could. So if you have one handy please feel free to
email it to me. Remove "NoSpam4Me" to obtain a valid email address.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/