HuskerinPA

Default TOF and List of Tables

I need to make a TOC, a TOF and a List of Tables. My TOC is already set up.
How do I create a TOF and a separate List of Tables by identifying which
captions should be in which Tables and the appropriate heading..TOF? I'm
having trouble with the captions....

For the List of Tables, my text looks like this:
Table 1
Frequency of Bully Behavior
How do I get both lines on one line in the List of Tables?

For the TOF, my text looks like this:
Figure 1. When Does Bully Behavior Happen the Most
How do I create a caption to include the Figure # and the text?

All text that is in Caption style should be included in your TOF and List of
Tables. To ensure that your table number and title are in the same entry,
use a line break rather than a paragraph break between the two. Unless you
include the \x switch in your TOC field, the line break will be rendered as
a space.

"HuskerinPA" wrote in message
I need to make a TOC, a TOF and a List of Tables. My TOC is already set

up.
How do I create a TOF and a separate List of Tables by identifying which
captions should be in which Tables and the appropriate heading..TOF? I'm
having trouble with the captions....

For the List of Tables, my text looks like this:
Table 1
Frequency of Bully Behavior
How do I get both lines on one line in the List of Tables?

For the TOF, my text looks like this:
Figure 1. When Does Bully Behavior Happen the Most
How do I create a caption to include the Figure # and the text?

HuskerinPA

Thanks for that info. Now, how do I make two separate tables (I already have
a TOC), but now I need a Table of Figures and a List of Tables? How can I
delineate that the Figure captions go to the Table of Figures and the Table
captions go to the List of Tables?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

On the Table of Figures tab of Insert | Index and Tables, choose Figure or
Table as the caption label on which you want the specific table based.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

All text that is in Caption style should be included in your TOF and

List of
Tables. To ensure that your table number and title are in the same

entry,
use a line break rather than a paragraph break between the two. Unless

you
include the \x switch in your TOC field, the line break will be rendered

as
a space.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"HuskerinPA" wrote in message
I need to make a TOC, a TOF and a List of Tables. My TOC is already

set
up.
How do I create a TOF and a separate List of Tables by identifying

which
captions should be in which Tables and the appropriate heading..TOF?

I'm
having trouble with the captions....

For the List of Tables, my text looks like this:
Table 1
Frequency of Bully Behavior
How do I get both lines on one line in the List of Tables?

For the TOF, my text looks like this:
Figure 1. When Does Bully Behavior Happen the Most
How do I create a caption to include the Figure # and the text?

Stefan Blom

Assuming that you used InsertReferenceCaption to create your
captions and that you picked the appropriate "Label" in the Caption
dialog box, you will be able to create two independent tables: a table
of figures and a list of tables. You create both from the Table of
Figures tab of the Index and Tables dialog box. Just make sure that
you select the matching "Caption label" in the dialog box. Also, if
you are prompted to replace an existing TOC/TOF, of course you should
respond *no*.

--
Stefan Blom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

All text that is in Caption style should be included in your TOF

and List of
Tables. To ensure that your table number and title are in the same

entry,
use a line break rather than a paragraph break between the two.

Unless you
include the \x switch in your TOC field, the line break will be

rendered as
a space.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.