papa did

Default How do you create a formula in a table where the result appears a.

I created a table wherein I inserted the formula =(+C1-D1) in cell E1. The
result does automatically or otherwise appears in E1. Thus, how may I create
a table using a formula that will calulate + $100.00 - $25.00 = $ 75.00
thought-out the table?
Greg Maxey

Papa,

The formula needs to me in a formula field. Enter the field code braces
{ } with CTRL+F9
Inside the field codes braces type the formula =(C1-D1)

It should look like this {=(C1-D1)} now right click the field and select
toggle field code. The result
$75.00 will appear if you have $100.00 entered in C1 and $25.00 entered in
D1.

Now all that being said, if you change C1 to say $90.00 the result in E1
won't change automatically. You have to update the field. There are
several ways to do that:

When a change is made, you can update the field by selecting the field and
pressing F9, or update all fields by pressing CTRL+a (selects all) and
pressing F9, or toggling to and from print preview (if "Update Fields" is
checked in the FilePrintOptions dialog box), or running a macro something
like:

Sub UpdateFields()
Dim oStory As Range
For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
oStory.Fields.Update
If oStory.StoryType wdMainTextStory Then
While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing)
Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange
oStory.Fields.Update
Wend
End If
Next oStory
Set oStory = Nothing
End Sub

Another option is to use a protected form. With a protected form you can
set your variable fields to "calculate on exit" thereby updating result
fields when you tab from one text field to the next.

I you want to pursue this method, you should get a good start here and the
linked articles by Dian Chapman:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm

Another option is to embed an Excel spreadsheet in you document instead of
trying to use Word functions.