Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
George[_2_] George[_2_] is offline

Default Insertion point without leading/trailing shadows

After having to re-install Word 2002 on a new drive, the insertion point on
a new, blank document now has leading or trailing shadows following it when
moving either left or right. I have looked in all of the tabs in Tools /
Options but can't find what to tick or untick in order to get back to just a
simple insertion point without the shadows. I know it's in there somewhere!

Tia,

George

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That may be a Windows Control Panel setting rather than something in Word
(there are certainly such settings for the mouse pointer), but you might
check the Word settings for "Provide feedback with animation" and the like
(Tools | Options | General).

"George" wrote in message
After having to re-install Word 2002 on a new drive, the insertion point
on a new, blank document now has leading or trailing shadows following it
when moving either left or right. I have looked in all of the tabs in
Tools / Options but can't find what to tick or untick in order to get back
to just a simple insertion point without the shadows. I know it's in
there somewhere!

Tia,

George

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
George[_2_] George[_2_] is offline

Finally found where to turn it off:

Tools | Options | Edit tab | Uncheck "Enable click and type".

George

"George" wrote in message
After having to re-install Word 2002 on a new drive, the insertion point
on a new, blank document now has leading or trailing shadows following it
when moving either left or right. I have looked in all of the tabs in
Tools / Options but can't find what to tick or untick in order to get
back to just a simple insertion point without the shadows. I know it's
in there somewhere!

Tia,

George

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Shadows!!!

That is the first time anyone has describe click and type as shadows.

Anyway, IMHO, click and type is the spawn of the devil herself.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP