Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David David is offline

Default Basic Font Related question

Hi,
I am having issues with a font appearing differently on my PC than on my
colleague's PCs. We typically open the same files stored on centralized
servers. The font in question is r_ansi. Both my colleagues and I use Word
2002 SP3. Are there any settings that need to be adjusted? Any help is
greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks,
David
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

First, make sure that you both have the same printer driver set as the
Windows Default. Different printer drivers will resolve a slightly different
result.

However, more likely is that one of you either has not got the font
installed and/or that font substitution is substituting the nearest
equivalent font.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"David" wrote in message
Hi,
I am having issues with a font appearing differently on my PC than on my
colleague's PCs. We typically open the same files stored on centralized
servers. The font in question is r_ansi. Both my colleagues and I use
Word
2002 SP3. Are there any settings that need to be adjusted? Any help is
greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks,
David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David David is offline

Thanks for the help Terry. One follow up question. How can I tell which of
us is substituting the font? Thanks again
--
Thanks,
David

"David" wrote in message
Hi,
I am having issues with a font appearing differently on my PC than on my
colleague's PCs. We typically open the same files stored on centralized
servers. The font in question is r_ansi. Both my colleagues and I use
Word
2002 SP3. Are there any settings that need to be adjusted? Any help is
greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks,
David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi David,

With the document open, check
Tools=Options=Compatibility=[Font Substitution]

==========
"David" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the help Terry. One follow up question. How can I tell which of
us is substituting the font? Thanks again
--
Thanks,
David
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David David is offline

Thanks Terry and Bob. That is exactly what I needed.
--
David

"David" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the help Terry. One follow up question. How can I tell which of
us is substituting the font? Thanks again
--
Thanks,
David
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Please help with (basic) format question. UltimateGaijin New Users 9 June 11th 08 02:18 AM
basic word question JS Page Layout 1 March 8th 08 09:03 PM
Related to question about viewing the printable area in Word docs Irmela Microsoft Word Help 1 July 13th 07 07:05 AM
Basic question for today.... Mark Microsoft Word Help 3 July 4th 05 08:52 AM
Word Related Question Joel Microsoft Word Help 1 June 10th 05 08:16 AM