Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave[_13_] Dave[_13_] is offline

Default mdi file import

How do I import a 'fn.mdi' file that i was sent?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Can you open the file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dave" wrote in message
How do I import a 'fn.mdi' file that i was sent?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave[_13_] Dave[_13_] is offline

Not really, in Word it is all strange characters like one used to see in unix
involving control and other ascii out of letter range characters. I believe
it is a picture file but no picture S/W opens it either.
Dave

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Can you open the file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dave" wrote in message
How do I import a 'fn.mdi' file that i was sent?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You don't open an .mdi file in Word. You open it in Microsoft Document
Imaging. Look in Start - All Programs - Microsoft Office - Microsoft Office
Tools

I don't have any .mdi files on this system but you can try to save it as
another file type. To be honest with you, I don't use .mdi files at all so
I'm guessing you can do a Save As in MDI.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dave" wrote in message
Not really, in Word it is all strange characters like one used to see in
unix
involving control and other ascii out of letter range characters. I
believe
it is a picture file but no picture S/W opens it either.
Dave

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Can you open the file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dave" wrote in message
How do I import a 'fn.mdi' file that i was sent?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Microsoft Office Document Imaging is not installed by default. You would
have to re-run office setup and add it for it to become available. It should
then be the default program for MDI format files.

"Dave" wrote in message
Not really, in Word it is all strange characters like one used to
see in unix
involving control and other ascii out of letter range characters. I
believe
it is a picture file but no picture S/W opens it either.
Dave

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Can you open the file?

--