Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Default Border around a word

In Word Help words such as NOTES ,TIP and IMPORTANT have a border around
them. What is it and how do I do it in Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can apply a border to selected text in the Borders dialog. To access the
dialog, click the arrow beside the border button (bottom right) in the
Paragraph group, and choose Borders and Shading from the menu. You can
select the color and weight of the desired line. What you can't do is select
a border on one, two, or three sides; borders on selected text are on all
four sides only. Nor can you change the distance from the text.

An even easier way is to select the text and choose Outside Borders on the
Borders menu to apply the current default border.

"Mecalith" wrote in message
In Word Help words such as NOTES ,TIP and IMPORTANT have a border around
them. What is it and how do I do it in Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Hello, Suzanne.

That is not the border for which I am looking. The Paragraph border box
goes the width of the page; the border I want only goes around the word.

I made a Quick Style of each and found the following border formats:
Paragraph border:
Border: Box: (Single solid line, Auto, 0.5 pt Line width)
Word Help border:
Border: : (Single solid line, Custom Color(RGB(171,191,224))
Where do I find the border format without the "Box".

"Mecalith" wrote in message
In Word Help words such as NOTES ,TIP and IMPORTANT have a border around
them. What is it and how do I do it in Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Thank you, Suzanne.
I was trying to border an isolated word. When I bordered a word in a
string, it worked fine.

"Mecalith" wrote in message
In Word Help words such as NOTES ,TIP and IMPORTANT have a border
around
them. What is it and how do I do it in Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Hello, Suzanne.
You are right. When I excluded the paragraph mark the border worked fine.
Thanks, that will save me adding dummy text.