Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joe Schmeier Joe Schmeier is offline

Default Directory Question, maybe?

I have a need to do the following:

Title Page(s)
Table of Contents (preferably with bookmarks)
Content in "sections"

Content in "sections" refers to data merged from an Excel worksheet, one
"section" per row. Each "section" would be an item in the TOC, preferbly
linked)

I've almost gotten this working with the directory merge, but I don't know
how to NOT repeat the Title Page and TOC or how to construct the TOC. In my
mind, it seems I'd have to merge the data in two times, once for the TOC and
once for the actual content.

I created the document, browsed to the data source, inserted and formatted
mailmerge fields, and completed the merge.

Thanks.

Follow up question about application of original question. Liontamer Microsoft Word Help 6 October 29th 08 01:56 PM
Stefan Blom: another question from original question string 7/19/0 Liontamer Microsoft Word Help 3 July 29th 08 01:36 PM
a directory? hirendra7158 Mailmerge 9 June 26th 07 03:35 PM
directory haliburton girl Mailmerge 5 December 16th 06 06:42 AM
Question about Mailmerge Directory Blasting Cap Mailmerge 3 September 7th 05 04:57 AM