Max Daniel

Default Removing Tables

I exported a test from a testing program in .rtf format. The question stem
is not in a table but the four multiple-choice answers beneath the question
are in a table. I need to remove all the tables from the document. The only
method I have found is to select the four answers and choose "convert table
to text." I have to do this for all 100 questions separately. If I choose
the whole document it does not allow me to select "covert table to text."
Any suggestions for an easier way to remove all the tables than selecting
each question separately? Thanks

Jezebel

You can set the browse object to 'table' so it will take you automatically
to the next. Having converted the first using Convert Table to Text, you
need only press F4 to repeat the instruction for each subsequent one. 99
mouse clicks with right hand, 99 F4s with the left. Tedious but should take
only a couple of minutes.

"Max Daniel" wrote in message
I exported a test from a testing program in .rtf format. The question stem
is not in a table but the four multiple-choice answers beneath the question
are in a table. I need to remove all the tables from the document. The only
method I have found is to select the four answers and choose "convert table
to text." I have to do this for all 100 questions separately. If I choose
the whole document it does not allow me to select "covert table to text."
Any suggestions for an easier way to remove all the tables than selecting
each question separately? Thanks

What version of Word do you have? Nested tables were introduced in Word
2000. If Word doesn't create nested tables, then you don't need to worry
about unnesting them.

"Max Daniel" wrote in message
Thanks for your suggestion. I am unable to find the "convert nested

tables"
box. Where is it located?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Alternatively, you might try using Convert Text to Table on the whole
document. You'll probably end up with a lot of nested tables, but when

you
then use Convert Table to Text, make sure the box for "Convert nested
tables" is checked.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.