Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rob van Albada Rob van Albada is offline

Default Hyphenation will not install

When I tried to set automatic hyphenation in a certain text, I got the
following response (in Dutch):

"Word hyphenation
feature is not available. Run the Microsoft Office Setup program,
install this feature and then try again."

However, when I run the Microsoft Office Setup program, I can not find
the hyphenation option.

I tried to install ALL the features several times, but still
hyphenation is not present.

I have Microsoft Office 2007, Home and Student version.
OS: Vista Home Premium.

Is hyphenation not available for users of this version or did I do
something wrong when trying to install the hyphenation feature?

Kind regards,

Rob van Albada, Amsterdam.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Rob

Hyphenation is part of the proofing tools (where you will find it listed
under Office setup), but you may get a better informed answer posting hits
in the microsoft.public.spelling.grammar newsgroup.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Rob van Albada" wrote in message
When I tried to set automatic hyphenation in a certain text, I got the
following response (in Dutch):

"Word hyphenation
feature is not available. Run the Microsoft Office Setup program,
install this feature and then try again."

However, when I run the Microsoft Office Setup program, I can not find
the hyphenation option.

I tried to install ALL the features several times, but still
hyphenation is not present.

I have Microsoft Office 2007, Home and Student version.
OS: Vista Home Premium.

Is hyphenation not available for users of this version or did I do
something wrong when trying to install the hyphenation feature?

Kind regards,

Rob van Albada, Amsterdam.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Juha Ruokolainen Juha Ruokolainen is offline

I have exactly the same problem with my Word 2007. Except my OS is XP Pro and
Office is 2007 Pro Plus English. If you've found a solution, please let me
know.

Best Wishes
Juha Ruokolainen
Finland

"Rob van Albada" wrote:

When I tried to set automatic hyphenation in a certain text, I got the
following response (in Dutch):

"Word hyphenation
feature is not available. Run the Microsoft Office Setup program,
install this feature and then try again."

However, when I run the Microsoft Office Setup program, I can not find
the hyphenation option.

I tried to install ALL the features several times, but still
hyphenation is not present.

I have Microsoft Office 2007, Home and Student version.
OS: Vista Home Premium.

Is hyphenation not available for users of this version or did I do
something wrong when trying to install the hyphenation feature?

Kind regards,

Rob van Albada, Amsterdam.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Open the Windows Control Panel
Select Add/Remove Programs
Select Microsoft Office 2007
Select CHANGE
Select Advanced
Select and Expand Office Shared Features
Select and Expand Proofing Tools
Select and Expand English Proofing Tools
Click on the little arrow at the side of Hyphenation and choose Run from My
Computer.
Click Continue...

Setup will then install the missing component.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Juha Ruokolainen" Juha wrote in
message ...

"Rob van Albada" wrote:

When I tried to set automatic hyphenation in a certain text, I got the
following response (in Dutch):

"Word hyphenation
feature is not available. Run the Microsoft Office Setup program,
install this feature and then try again."

However, when I run the Microsoft Office Setup program, I can not find
the hyphenation option.

I tried to install ALL the features several times, but still
hyphenation is not present.

I have Microsoft Office 2007, Home and Student version.
OS: Vista Home Premium.

Is hyphenation not available for users of this version or did I do
something wrong when trying to install the hyphenation feature?

Kind regards,

Rob van Albada, Amsterdam.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rob Rob is offline

As my version of Windows is in Dutch and moreover I am using Vista
(and very happy with it) the install procedure was a little different
from your description. But it works!
Sorry for my late, late reaction - I have been very busy lately.

Thanks for your help, it has been very useful.

Kind regards,

Rob.

"Rob van Albada" wrote:

When I tried to set automatic hyphenation in a certain text, I got the
following response (in Dutch):

"Word hyphenation
feature is not available. Run the Microsoft Office Setup program,
install this feature and then try again."

However, when I run the Microsoft Office Setup program, I can not find
the hyphenation option.

I tried to install ALL the features several times, but still
hyphenation is not present.

I have Microsoft Office 2007, Home and Student version.
OS: Vista Home Premium.

Is hyphenation not available for users of this version or did I do
something wrong when trying to install the hyphenation feature?

Kind regards,

Rob van Albada, Amsterdam.

Hyphenation theredspecial Microsoft Word Help 3 March 19th 08 01:19 PM
Hyphenation MarkN Microsoft Word Help 2 August 7th 06 04:35 AM
how to use hyphenation r Microsoft Word Help 1 March 27th 06 01:54 AM
how to use hyphenation Jay Freedman Microsoft Word Help 0 March 26th 06 11:47 PM
Hyphenation Avocat Microsoft Word Help 2 May 25th 05 01:08 AM