Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bb bb is offline

Default How do I replace color of selected text using the replace feature

Have tried using replace feature and font color in the replacement dialog box
but it doesn't work
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What are the exact "Find what" and "Replace with" settings you are using.

"bb" wrote in message
Have tried using replace feature and font color in the replacement dialog
box
but it doesn't work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bb bb is offline

"bb" wrote in message
Have tried using replace feature and font color in the replacement dialog
box
but it doesn't work

Thanks for reply Suzanne

Word document. I have a series of book marks per page for a book group and
wanted to change the color of the title for all the bookmarks without
changing each individually.
I placed the cursor in the "Replace with" box and then changed the color of
the font which then shows up under the "Replace with" box. But it won't
replace when I select replace or Replace All.
Thanks
bb.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I can't say that's the clearest description I've ever read, but I'll assume
you're doing this:

1. Placing the insertion point in the empty "Find what" box, clicking More,
and choosing Format: Font.

2. Choosing your font color (say, Blue), which causes "Format: Font color:
Blue" to appear under the "Find what" box.

3. Placing the insertion point in the empty "Replace with" box and choosing
Format: Font: Color: Red, which causes "Format: Font color: Red" to appear
under the "Replace with" box.

4. Clicking Replace All.

This works for me.

"bb" wrote in message
Have tried using replace feature and font color in the replacement
dialog
box
but it doesn't work

Thanks for reply Suzanne

Word document. I have a series of book marks per page for a book group and
wanted to change the color of the title for all the bookmarks without
changing each individually.
I placed the cursor in the "Replace with" box and then changed the color
of
the font which then shows up under the "Replace with" box. But it won't
replace when I select replace or Replace All.
Thanks
bb.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bb bb is offline

"bb" wrote in message
Have tried using replace feature and font color in the replacement
dialog
box
but it doesn't work

Thanks for reply Suzanne

Word document. I have a series of book marks per page for a book group and
wanted to change the color of the title for all the bookmarks without
changing each individually.
I placed the cursor in the "Replace with" box and then changed the color
of
the font which then shows up under the "Replace with" box. But it won't
replace when I select replace or Replace All.
Thanks
bb.

Hi Suzanne
What you did is what I did also but I had already done some text changing
beforehand.. So I tried it again but this time changed the text
simultaneously and it worked. So there must have been some problem with the
text selection.
Thanks for your help.
bb