Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NRCfrog NRCfrog is offline

Default Building Blocks.dotx on a network drive through Terminal Server

Hello,

We have been testing the upgrade deployment of Office 2007 from Office 2003
and it has been going very well, except for the one issue of placing the
Building Blocks.dotx file on a network location and Word 2007 thinking that
this file is Read-Only.

Well, the patch detailed in KB948956 has fixed the problem for PC users, but
half of our users are on Windows 2003 Terminal Servers, and the patch has not
fixed the problem for Terminal Server sessions.

The patch itself consists of an updated WINWORD.EXE and WWLIB.DLL which are
definately installed on our test Terminal Servers, so I cannot understand why
it is not working in that environment, when it works fine for patched PC
users.

If anyone has any ideas, then any replies would be great.

Thanks,
NRCFrog.