Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pam[_3_] Pam[_3_] is offline

Default Page numbers in booklet

Is there anyway to make the page numbers start on the 3rd page instead of
the default choice of "different first page" option? I need a blank page,
then the title page, then Page 1 so that it flows correctly after putting
the back and front cover pages on it.

using word 2007 is a real pain .. I've had to save the booklet to a word
2003 doc just to be able to get it to print correctly!!!!

any help appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

No it isn't. Click on Insert Breaks on the Page Layout ribbon.

However, it isn't necessary. Instead of inserting a plain Page Number field
in the footer, insert the following field which uses the IF field to
determine if the page is greater than Page 2 and then subtracts 2 from the
page number.

So on Page 3, it will determine that the page is greater than page 2, and
then calculate the page as 3-2=1 displaying Page 1; on Page 4 it will again
determine that the page is greater than page 2 and calculate 4-2=2...

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP