Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
st st is offline

Default Missing the Feature

Earlier versions of Word had ability to create floating containers to put text & pictures in (not sure about it's name in English). Was that feature dropped in Word 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you mean a text box? Word 2003 has those. You can cause any object to
'float' by setting its layout property to anything other than in-line with
text.

st wrote:
Earlier versions of Word had ability to create floating containers to
put text & pictures in (not sure about it's name in English). Was
that feature dropped in Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
st st is offline

Actually that container could have textboxes and other autoshapes inside, so it was not a simple textbox. It was really useful for annotating illustrations...

"Graham Mayor" сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее: ...

st wrote:

Earlier versions of Word had ability to create floating containers to
put text & pictures in (not sure about it's name in English). Was
that feature dropped in Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Sandy,

It depends on which feature you were using.

MS Draw was replaced by its built in equivalent, the MS Office Drawing Canvas
Insert=Picture=New Drawing.

There is also the MS Word Picture Editor, which appears if you right click on a graphic and see 'Picture Object' as a choice.

A textbox, table cell or other Autoshape can also hold different types of content.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP