Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Default WORD 2003 note / table formatting

I have been sent a text MS Word 2003 file from my publisher that appears to
have the endnotes of a long text chapter listed at the end (not imbeded) but
set/formatted in some odd sort of table styles that scroll off the text to
the right off the page and that have an odd square character at the front of
each note. Each note has lines around it.

I have absolutely no experience with Word table styles, and just want to get
rid of this table formatting entirely, to get normal text.

The styles pane lists many kinds of table styles. How do I get rid of ALL of
them from the text? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

They sound like Comments that have been inserted using InsertComment.

If that is correct, and you run a macro containing the following code, it
will insert the comment into the text of the document, enclosing it in
square brackets [ ]

Dim ac As Comment
With ActiveDocument
For Each ac In .Comments
ac.Reference.InsertAfter " [" & ac.Range & "]"
ac.Delete
Next ac
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

t.com wrote in message
I have been sent a text MS Word 2003 file from my publisher that appears
have the endnotes of a long text chapter listed at the end (not imbeded)
but
set/formatted in some odd sort of table styles that scroll off the text to
the right off the page and that have an odd square character at the front
of
each note. Each note has lines around it.

I have absolutely no experience with Word table styles, and just want to
get
rid of this table formatting entirely, to get normal text.

The styles pane lists many kinds of table styles. How do I get rid of ALL
of
them from the text? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Hi, I tried to create this in visual basic, but must be doing it wrong. What
is the tutorial on how to do this? thanks, JF

t.com wrote in message
I have been sent a text MS Word 2003 file from my publisher that appears
have the endnotes of a long text chapter listed at the end (not imbeded)
but
set/formatted in some odd sort of table styles that scroll off the text to
the right off the page and that have an odd square character at the front
of
each note. Each note has lines around it.

I have absolutely no experience with Word table styles, and just want to
get
rid of this table formatting entirely, to get normal text.

The styles pane lists many kinds of table styles. How do I get rid of ALL
of
them from the text? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See the article "What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup
readers to help me out?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm