Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Debbie Short Debbie Short is offline

Default saving files to cd

I would like to save documents to a cd but whenever I save as drive F or G it
tells me that I do not have access to that folder to contact my
administrator. This is my home computer. What do I need to do to accomplish
this? Deb S
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 19:23:00 -0700, Debbie Short Debbie
wrote:

I would like to save documents to a cd but whenever I save as drive F or G it
tells me that I do not have access to that folder to contact my
administrator. This is my home computer. What do I need to do to accomplish
this? Deb S

Save to the hard drive, and then use CD burning software to copy the file to the
CD.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Never use Word with any type of removable media (CD, floppy, Flash drive,
etc.)

As Jay says, always save to the local HDD. Copy to from removable media or
in the case of CDR or DVDR, burn to the media. But note that because it is
burnt to a CD/DVD, it will be assigned the Read only attribute. You will
need to manually change that when you try to open the document for editing
again.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Debbie Short" Debbie wrote in message
I would like to save documents to a cd but whenever I save as drive F or G
it
tells me that I do not have access to that folder to contact my
administrator. This is my home computer. What do I need to do to
accomplish
this? Deb S

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TedMi TedMi is offline

To clarify what Terry said: You cannot turn off the read-only attribute for a
file on an optical drive. When you edit the doc that has been burned to CD,
first copy it to the local HD, then use the Properties dialog to turn off its
read-only attribute.
--
TedMi

saving files Kenny Microsoft Word Help 1 August 18th 08 08:33 AM
Saving files phaphe Microsoft Word Help 0 April 11th 07 12:30 PM
Saving files Penny Becker Microsoft Word Help 3 February 1st 05 06:40 PM
Saving Files Rahul Thakrar Microsoft Word Help 1 December 24th 04 03:06 AM
When saving, seeing all files ll Microsoft Word Help 1 December 3rd 04 07:21 PM