Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MB MB is offline

Default Encryptions

Whenever I download an attachment or something of the internet the file opens
up in word pad as an encrypted file. Sometimes if I save a file onto my flash
drive from another computer and I come to try to open it on mine, if I didn't
save it in rich text format, then it becomes encrypted....can someone please
help and tell me how to fix this?! Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Never save or work directly with a flash drive (or any type of removable
media) because corruption is almost guaranteed. Always work with the local
HDD and then copy to and from the removable media.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"MB" wrote in message
Whenever I download an attachment or something of the internet the file
opens
up in word pad as an encrypted file. Sometimes if I save a file onto my
flash
drive from another computer and I come to try to open it on mine, if I
didn't
save it in rich text format, then it becomes encrypted....can someone
please
help and tell me how to fix this?! Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MB MB is offline

Thanks for your advice, but another thing is that when I download attachments
from my email or any where from the internet, the files come out
encrypted...I was wondering how I can fix that or of there is settings that I
could change...Please let me know.