Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MW[_2_] MW[_2_] is offline

Default send copy of document in an email message as an attachment

I can not send doc in an email message as an attachment because my "email"
under "Send" is not activated. I have Search all sources trying to find how
to "turn on" this option. I have gone to Word Options, All Commands etc. but
do not know what the problem is. I don't know if I have to do something
special in Outlook or what. Any help is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you have Outlook set as your default e-mail application?

The "E-mail" command is missing or is unavailable in Excel 2007, in
PowerPoint 2007, or in Word 2007
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792

MW wrote:
I can not send doc in an email message as an attachment because my
"email" under "Send" is not activated. I have Search all sources
trying to find how to "turn on" this option. I have gone to Word
Options, All Commands etc. but do not know what the problem is. I
don't know if I have to do something special in Outlook or what. Any
help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MW[_2_] MW[_2_] is offline

I have Outlook Express. I wonder if I have to install Outlook instead of
Express to make this work. I have OE set as default but still not working.
I went to the link you sent me (Thanks) and made sure I had it set as default
but still did not work. Any other suggestions is most appreciated.

MW wrote:
I can not send doc in an email message as an attachment because my
"email" under "Send" is not activated. I have Search all sources
trying to find how to "turn on" this option. I have gone to Word
Options, All Commands etc. but do not know what the problem is. I
don't know if I have to do something special in Outlook or what. Any
help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"MW" wrote in message
I have Outlook Express. I wonder if I have to install Outlook instead of
Express to make this work. I have OE set as default but still not
working.
I went to the link you sent me (Thanks) and made sure I had it set as
default
but still did not work. Any other suggestions is most appreciated.

AFAIK Outlook Express will not work in this scenario - something to do with
Simple MAPI I believe. Installing Outlook and setting it as default will
cure the problem - if you can't really be bothered with the complexity of
Outlook than Mozilla Thunderbird (which is more like OE in appearance and
operation) will also work AFAIR...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MW[_2_] MW[_2_] is offline

Ya, I found another thread with a whole bunch of people with the same
problem. Obviously, another Bill Gates glitch...I will try the Mozilla
Thunderbird. I have to download Mozilla, right and then set up. I use Gmail
for all of my mails comings and goings, not Outlook anything but have the
Outlook Express. I can reinsstall the Outlook regular version if necessary.
This is SOOOOOO frustrating. Thanks for your help. MW

"Gordon" wrote:

"MW" wrote in message
I have Outlook Express. I wonder if I have to install Outlook instead of
Express to make this work. I have OE set as default but still not
working.
I went to the link you sent me (Thanks) and made sure I had it set as
default
but still did not work. Any other suggestions is most appreciated.

AFAIK Outlook Express will not work in this scenario - something to do with
Simple MAPI I believe. Installing Outlook and setting it as default will
cure the problem - if you can't really be bothered with the complexity of
Outlook than Mozilla Thunderbird (which is more like OE in appearance and
operation) will also work AFAIR...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Outlook and Outlook Express are entirely different. Outlook (part of Office)
is required as the default e-mail application to make this work.
You can setup gmail as a pop account in Outlook. See
http://www.gmayor.com/use_google_gma...emove_spam.htm

"Gordon" wrote:

"MW" wrote in message
I have Outlook Express. I wonder if I have to install Outlook
instead of Express to make this work. I have OE set as default but
still not working.
I went to the link you sent me (Thanks) and made sure I had it set
as default
but still did not work. Any other suggestions is most appreciated.

AFAIK Outlook Express will not work in this scenario - something to
do with Simple MAPI I believe. Installing Outlook and setting it as
default will cure the problem - if you can't really be bothered with
the complexity of Outlook than Mozilla Thunderbird (which is more
like OE in appearance and operation) will also work AFAIR...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

On reflection so can I However I think Peter may have the answer - see
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm