Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dori dori is offline

Default Rotating a text box

In Word 2007, I want to insert a text box and be able to rotate it. In
previous versions, this task was no problem, but I am having a lot of
difficulty in 2007. If I insert a text box, I cannot get the rotate options
to ungray -- even when text wrapping set to other than in line w/ text. If I
insert a shape and add text to the shape, I am able to rotate but cannot get
the text to rotate with the image even when text is linked to object.
Suggestions (other than ditching 2007 and using a previous version)? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Text boxes have never been able to be free-rotated. You can change the text
direction in a text box (90 degrees right or left), but that's all. The same
applies to text added to an AutoShape. WordArt can be free-rotated.

"Dori" wrote in message
In Word 2007, I want to insert a text box and be able to rotate it. In
previous versions, this task was no problem, but I am having a lot of
difficulty in 2007. If I insert a text box, I cannot get the rotate
options
to ungray -- even when text wrapping set to other than in line w/ text. If
insert a shape and add text to the shape, I am able to rotate but cannot
get
the text to rotate with the image even when text is linked to object.
Suggestions (other than ditching 2007 and using a previous version)?
Thanks!

rotating text box Terry Microsoft Word Help 0 April 12th 07 07:12 AM
rotating text box ekta Microsoft Word Help 1 April 3rd 07 05:06 PM
Rotating Text Dave Page Layout 5 March 14th 07 08:48 PM
Rotating a Text box Cassy Page Layout 1 March 15th 05 06:08 AM
Rotating a Text Box Gerry Duggan New Users 1 December 1st 04 02:30 PM