Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jim jim is offline

Default CD/DVD label vertical positioning

Hello,

I'm using Avery template 5824 to create CD labels in Word 2002 (Office
XP). Unbelievably, the Avery Word template is not providing me with
any type of visual cue to help me determine where the center hole is
located within the CD label's printing area. Consequently, I'm trying
to figure out where to type my text so that it will actually fit
within the label area and not leak into the center hole.

I'm trying to follow Avery's "printing tips" document included in
their packet. The instructions read that one can enter text starting
at .5" from the top of the page to vertical position 1.94" to "be sure
that your text is going to land on a label" and not leak into the
center hole. Thanks for this "tip," Avery. Are they assuming most
people who use these labels aren't that concerned if their text
doesn't land on the label? Brilliant tip.

Anyway, I'm trying to use Word's vertical ruler to do this, but I'm
being returned a value as to the exact position of my cursor within
the document. Does Word have guidelines (similar to Photoshop) that
can be positioned to return the exact location of where the cursor is
currently placed within a document?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

-Jim
San Diego, CA