TSeroogy

Default Why no drop caps in text box? Is there an "easy" work around?

I have placed a couple of text boxes in a newsletter. I want to use the Drop
Cap feature for the first paragraph. This is not available in text boxes or
tables.

Is there an easy workaround?

TSeroogy

Chuck Davis

Stefan Blom

I believe the closest you can get to a drop cap in a text box is to
format the initial character to be bigger than the rest of the text in
the text box... To make it look slightly better, you may want to
specify fixed line spacing for the paragraph (otherwise, line height
will increase for the line containing the larger character). Do the
following to specify a fixed value for line spacing: On the Format
menu, click Paragraph. In the Paragraph dialog box, click the Indents
and Spacing tab. Under "Line Spacing", choose "Exactly", and then type
the desired amount (in points).

--
Stefan Blom

"TSeroogy" wrote in message
I have placed a couple of text boxes in a newsletter. I want to use

the Drop
Cap feature for the first paragraph. This is not available in text

boxes or
tables.

Is there an easy workaround?

TSeroogy

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

If you often find yourself too hot or too cold during the night, a mattress topper with temperature-regulating properties can help create a more balanced sleep environment. https://mattresstopperbuddy.com/best...-for-hip-pain/