Makeitanz

Default How to convert docs from word to wordperfect for courts?

Some courts in Northern California require documents to be in WordPerfect.
Is there an easy way to save or convert a document created in Word 2003 to
this format?
Jezebel

File SaveAs. Select 'Word Perfect' from the Files of Type list.

"Makeitanz" wrote in message
news
Some courts in Northern California require documents to be in WordPerfect.
Is there an easy way to save or convert a document created in Word 2003 to
this format?

Charles Kenyon

Conversion back to Word Perfect: There is a problem with Version 2002 (XP)
and later of Word. The conversion file only works for conversion _to_ Word,
not from Word to Word Perfect! Earlier versions went both ways. To fix this,
you need to find the old conversion file WPFT532.CNV from a Word 97 or Word
2000 installation and copy it to your new installation, replacing the file
of the same name. Note, the change making the file one-way was done as a
security measure. While I don't know of any problems the old file causes,
keep the new installation's file somewhere as a backup just in case.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Makeitanz" wrote in message
news
Some courts in Northern California require documents to be in WordPerfect.
Is there an easy way to save or convert a document created in Word 2003 to
this format?

Jezebel

My Word 2003 converts from Word to WP without problems. It gives an ominous
security warning, but it works.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
Conversion back to Word Perfect: There is a problem with Version 2002 (XP)
and later of Word. The conversion file only works for conversion _to_

Word,
not from Word to Word Perfect! Earlier versions went both ways. To fix

this,
you need to find the old conversion file WPFT532.CNV from a Word 97 or

Word
2000 installation and copy it to your new installation, replacing the file
of the same name. Note, the change making the file one-way was done as a
security measure. While I don't know of any problems the old file causes,
keep the new installation's file somewhere as a backup just in case.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Makeitanz" wrote in message
news
Some courts in Northern California require documents to be in

WordPerfect.
Is there an easy way to save or convert a document created in Word 2003

this format?

Graham Mayor

In that case you probably still have the old version of the filter
installed. Recent security upgrades have removed this option. Maybe (like
me) you add updates to fix problems that exist for you rather than simply
because they are available? FWIW the older converter is linked from my web
site - http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/WPCONV.ZIP

Jezebel wrote:
My Word 2003 converts from Word to WP without problems. It gives an
ominous security warning, but it works.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
Conversion back to Word Perfect: There is a problem with Version
2002 (XP) and later of Word. The conversion file only works for
conversion _to_ Word, not from Word to Word Perfect! Earlier
versions went both ways. To fix this, you need to find the old
conversion file WPFT532.CNV from a Word 97 or Word 2000 installation
and copy it to your new installation, replacing the file of the same
name. Note, the change making the file one-way was done as a
security measure. While I don't know of any problems the old file
causes, keep the new installation's file somewhere as a backup just
in case. --

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Makeitanz" wrote in message
news
Some courts in Northern California require documents to be in
WordPerfect. Is there an easy way to save or convert a document
created in Word 2003 to this format?

Jezebel

My Word 2003 was installed just a few weeks ago, with latest updates
installed. Any way to check what version of the filter I have?

Jezebel wrote:
My Word 2003 converts from Word to WP without problems. It gives an
ominous security warning, but it works.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
Conversion back to Word Perfect: There is a problem with Version
2002 (XP) and later of Word. The conversion file only works for
conversion _to_ Word, not from Word to Word Perfect! Earlier
versions went both ways. To fix this, you need to find the old
conversion file WPFT532.CNV from a Word 97 or Word 2000 installation
and copy it to your new installation, replacing the file of the same
name. Note, the change making the file one-way was done as a
security measure. While I don't know of any problems the old file
causes, keep the new installation's file somewhere as a backup just
in case. --

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Makeitanz" wrote in message
news Some courts in Northern California require documents to be in
WordPerfect. Is there an easy way to save or convert a document
created in Word 2003 to this format?

Charles Kenyon

Check on the size of the file. The new one is about half the size of the old
one.
166 KB - new limited file, 333 KB old file from Word 2000 before it got
zapped.
--

"Makeitanz" wrote in message
news Some courts in Northern California require documents to be in
WordPerfect. Is there an easy way to save or convert a document
created in Word 2003 to this format?

Jezebel

Stranger and stranger. The version of WPFT532 I have was definitely provided
with my Word 2003. 284KB, with a Microsoft certificate date stamped 15 July
2003. With comment 'Export enabled'. Mine was a non-US version of Office,
which might be the difference.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...

"Makeitanz" wrote in message
news Some courts in Northern California require documents to be in
WordPerfect. Is there an easy way to save or convert a document
created in Word 2003 to this format?

Graham Mayor

Hmmm. There are obviously more than the two versions
The one that is problematical is 2003.1100.5510.0 file size 167kb
The one linked from my web site is 1998.1.27.0 file size 333kb.

wrote in message ...
Conversion back to Word Perfect: There is a problem with Version
2002 (XP) and later of Word. The conversion file only works for
conversion _to_ Word, not from Word to Word Perfect! Earlier
versions went both ways. To fix this, you need to find the old
conversion file WPFT532.CNV from a Word 97 or Word 2000
installation and copy it to your new installation, replacing the
file of the same name. Note, the change making the file one-way
was done as a security measure. While I don't know of any
problems the old file causes, keep the new installation's file
somewhere as a backup just in case. --

Charles Kenyon

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented
version of Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide)
http://addbalance.com/usersguide

macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Macro that will add the file path & date to Word footnotes? Rich P Microsoft Word Help 2 December 15th 04 07:49 PM
Can I convert Word (2003) Docs to for MS Reader????? Ric Microsoft Word Help 1 November 26th 04 09:56 AM