dwchan

Default how come I have to edit every single card in a business card temp.

I downloaded a template for business cards and now I have to edit every
single one? there MUST be a better way....
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 20:13:03 -0700, dwchan
wrote:

I downloaded a template for business cards and now I have to edit every
single one? there MUST be a better way....

Each card is a cell in a table. After you get the first card to look
the way you want, copy that cell to the clipboard. Then select the
entire table and paste from the clipboard. You should get the card
repeated in each cell.

Consider creating your own cards from scratch instead of using a
downloaded template. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm
for a procedure with illustrations.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

May I suggest using Publisher, if you have it? You make one card and when
it's printer, you get x number of copies of the same card.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"dwchan" wrote in message
I downloaded a template for business cards and now I have to edit every
single one? there MUST be a better way....

dwchan

Thanks for your answer. It just makes me realize how bad Word is (yes, I am
an avid WordPerfect user and will remain so until I see VAST improvements in
Word....) and how I will avoid it at all costs -- the exception being that
the MS monopoly makes it impossible for me not to use Word from time to time.

wrote:

I downloaded a template for business cards and now I have to edit every
single one? there MUST be a better way....

Each card is a cell in a table. After you get the first card to look
the way you want, copy that cell to the clipboard. Then select the
entire table and paste from the clipboard. You should get the card
repeated in each cell.

Consider creating your own cards from scratch instead of using a
downloaded template. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm
for a procedure with illustrations.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KUT/SEW/GAIL MOORE KUT/SEW/GAIL MOORE is offline

Default how come I have to edit every single card in a business card t

thank you
--
gail moore