pullingteeth

Default uncontrollable document formatting

Any changes made to formatting on a line, or even a word, applies itself to
the whole document. Uses the undo button changes it back so it is OK but how
can I stop it automatically autoformatting the document? I have checked the
"autoformat" options and "autoformat as you type" and the Bold and italic
with real formatting option is unchecked
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:32:01 -0700, pullingteeth
wrote:

Any changes made to formatting on a line, or even a word, applies itself to
the whole document. Uses the undo button changes it back so it is OK but how
can I stop it automatically autoformatting the document? I have checked the
"autoformat" options and "autoformat as you type" and the Bold and italic
with real formatting option is unchecked

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eformatted.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CrackedChelle33 CrackedChelle33 is offline

wrote:

Any changes made to formatting on a line, or even a word, applies itself to
the whole document. Uses the undo button changes it back so it is OK but how
can I stop it automatically autoformatting the document? I have checked the
"autoformat" options and "autoformat as you type" and the Bold and italic
with real formatting option is unchecked

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eformatted.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Regards,
Jay Freedman

Hi Jay,

I've tried doing what Suzanne recommended; I activated the suggested macro
for Word 2007, but I'm still having a problem with a horizontal line which is
deciding to repeat itself after every 'Autotext' entry.

I need more suggestions, please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

wrote:

[...]

This description doesn't give a lot to go on. Where does this line
appear? At the end of the Autotext entry? Somewhere else? What does it
look like? Does it go all the way from margin to margin, or something
else?

I suspect that the Autotext entries are marked with a bottom paragraph
border, in which case you should use one of the methods in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm. Once
you have the contents of the Autotext entry in a document without the
line, select it and use Alt+F3 to assign it to the same Autotext name,
thus overwriting the bad entry with a good one. (Make sure you put it
into the same template that held the bad one -- Word 2007 can have
different entries with the same name if they're in different
templates.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman