Matt

Default New to word 2003

Hi
Recently, I installed word 2003, since then I can not open my documnents
generated by word 97. is there a conveter available?

Thanks
Matt

Timothy L

Have you applied the latest Service Pack for Microsoft Office 2003 Editions (applies to Microsoft Word 2003
and Microsoft Word Viewer 2003)?

To find out if Service Pack 2 has been applied to Microsoft Word 2003, follow these steps:

Start Microsoft Word
Click Help - About Microsoft Word
In newer versions (i.e. Word 2003), click Help - About Microsoft Office Word

It should say something like:
Microsoft Office Word 2003 (11.6568.6568) SP2
Part of Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003

If it says "SP2", then Service Pack 2 has been applied.

How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870924/

Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842532/

Order Office 2003 Service Pack 1 on CD
http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/...003/o2k3cd.htm

Download details: Office 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887616/

Office 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is NOT available on CD at the time of this post.

Download details: Office 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!

"Matt" wrote in message
Hi
Recently, I installed word 2003, since then I can not open my documnents
generated by word 97. is there a conveter available?

Thanks
Matt

Matt

A couple of things, 1st i have installed all latest service packs, The file
i'm trying open is on my C drive. There is nothing special about these files,
the only different issue is some vb text boxes are part of them.

"Matt" wrote in message
Hi
Recently, I installed word 2003, since then I can not open my documnents
generated by word 97. is there a conveter available?

Thanks
Matt

Are you getting a macro warning or are macros disabled? You may need to set
macro security to medium so that you can enable macros.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

No converter should be needed, as all versions from Word 97 to Word 2003

use
the same file format. Are you perhaps trying to open a document from a
floppy?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Matt" wrote in message
Hi
Recently, I installed word 2003, since then I can not open my

documnents
generated by word 97. is there a conveter available?

Thanks
Matt

Matt

No, it is not a macro warning, there is no macro used. It's only vb text
boxes & image holders, & word 2003 basically stops responding.
But when i save the same file with word 2000, then i can open it with word
2003.