Janet Job

Default msword viewer

how do i edit/ make changes in the msword viewer coz my workoffice doesnot
have msword editor and iam not able to make changes in the viewer so iam not
able to edit important documents and is it any way possible that we can edit
in mswode viwer any option available.
Timothy L

The Microsoft Word Viewer ONLY does what the name implies which is to "view" Microsoft Word Documents.

To edit Microsoft Word Documents, you will need to purchase the full version of Microsoft Word (or purchase an
edition of Microsoft Office).

How to Buy Microsoft Word 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/office/word...y/default.mspx

Microsoft Word 2003 System Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/office/word...fo/sysreq.mspx

What's in the Office 2003 Editions?
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...y/compare.mspx

Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 System Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit.../standreq.mspx

How to Buy Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit.../standard.mspx

Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 System Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...fo/proreq.mspx

How to Buy Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...fessional.mspx

Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 Trial
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...dardtrial.mspx

Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Trial
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...nfo/trial.mspx

How to convert an Office 2003 Trial edition to a full retail edition
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831023

How to Convert Microsoft Office System Trial Product to a Full Version
http://www.microsoft.com/office/trial/convert.mspx

NOTE: If you received your trial as part of a purchase of a new computer, follow this conversion process:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/pctrial/convert.mspx

Office 2003 Trial setup and uninstall information

Or you could download a free open source office suite alternative (such as OpenOffice.org) which can create,
open, edit, and save Microsoft Word Documents (.doc), Microsoft Word Templates (.dot), Microsoft Excel
Worksheets (.xls), Microsoft Excel Templates (.xlt), Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations (.ppt), Microsoft
PowerPoint Slide Shows (.pps), and Microsoft PowerPoint Templates (.pot).

You find more information about OpenOffice.org at, well...
http://www.openoffice.org/

The latest stable release (at the time of this post) is OpenOffice.org 2.0. You can download it he
http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.0/index.html

And if you need a manual for OpenOffice.org (i.e. an installation manual, setup guide, or user guide), you can
find them he
http://documentation.openoffice.org/index.html

To view PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it he

NOTE 1: The project and software are informally referred to as "OpenOffice", but project organizers report
that this term is a trademark held by another party, requiring them to adopt "OpenOffice.org" as its formal
name (abbreviated as "OOo").

NOTE 2: OpenOffice.org is NOT developed or supported by Microsoft.

--
Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!

"Janet Job" Janet wrote in message
how do i edit/ make changes in the msword viewer coz my workoffice doesnot
have msword editor and iam not able to make changes in the viewer so iam not
able to edit important documents and is it any way possible that we can edit
in mswode viwer any option available.

garfield-n-odie

Word Viewer is exactly that... a viewer that lets you open, view,
and print Word files. You cannot edit Word files using Word
Viewer. If the Word files do not contain complex formatting,
then you might be able to edit them with WordPad (which comes
with Windows). You might consider investing in your own career
by purchasing your own copy of MS Word 2003, MS Office 2003
(which includes Word 2003), or MS Works Suite 2002 or later
(which includes Word 2002). You might consider an alternative
Office suite such the free OpenOffice program, which can import
from and export to Word-format files.