Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Boyce

Default Re-appearing table borders

Tried Google, tried Microsoft KB, tried Word HELP, haven't found even a
reference to the issue:

Created a Word Merge document in which a table has its borders
"removed"/hidden.

After merging in data (multiple records), I attempt to copy the document (as
merged) and paste into a new (empty) document. The table's borders
reappear.

The borders can be re-removed, but this is a lot of extra work. We need to
treat the merge as individual documents after merge.

Anyone else seen this? Any solutions? Any preventions?

Thanks

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Boyce

Thanks, Suzanne.

Jeff

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Make sure that the default Table AutoFormat (table style) in the new
document is set to Table Normal (not Table Grid).

so
all may benefit.

"Jeff Boyce" wrote in message
Tried Google, tried Microsoft KB, tried Word HELP, haven't found even a
reference to the issue:

Created a Word Merge document in which a table has its borders
"removed"/hidden.

After merging in data (multiple records), I attempt to copy the document

(as
merged) and paste into a new (empty) document. The table's borders
reappear.

The borders can be re-removed, but this is a lot of extra work. We need

treat the merge as individual documents after merge.

Anyone else seen this? Any solutions? Any preventions?

Thanks

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Boyce

Suzanne

Even with that setting, we're still getting re-appearing table borders.

The document from which we are working is suspect, in my mind.

I recreated the document in Word, after setting Table Normal (and saving to
the Normal.dot template). No problems, and the file is roughly half the
suspect file's size. Cut/paste to a new document has no glitches.

The suspect file still has the problem with cut/paste to new document
resulting in the re-appearing table borders.

Any other possibilities? On a practical note, I've swapped out the errant
merge document for the newly-rebuilt copy. I'm still curious if there are
other settings I should be checking on, or if it's likely that the original
document is "munged".

"Jeff Boyce" wrote in message
Tried Google, tried Microsoft KB, tried Word HELP, haven't found even a
reference to the issue:

Created a Word Merge document in which a table has its borders
"removed"/hidden.

After merging in data (multiple records), I attempt to copy the document

(as
merged) and paste into a new (empty) document. The table's borders
reappear.

The borders can be re-removed, but this is a lot of extra work. We need

treat the merge as individual documents after merge.

Anyone else seen this? Any solutions? Any preventions?

Thanks

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Perhaps select Table Normal as the default table style in the mail merge
main document as well? That is, instead of removing the borders from a table
in Table Grid style, apply the Table Normal style? You might also try
posting in microsoft.public.word.tables to see if anyone there has any
better ideas.

"Jeff Boyce" wrote in message
[...]

newsgroup
so