Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Egglett

Default MailMerge Label Hell.....help!

Before I go proper demented!!

We have a word document with names and address's in a table....we set up the
mailmerge for labels selecting what seems to be the right label....BUT when
we merege two things happen that I cant work out:-

1. The address's are lined up too close to the left hand side - this means
they miss the label at certain points - how do I move that over (cant seem to
find a line up that works!)

2. The address's seem to line up wrongly and as you go down the page they
print totally incorrectly even though on screen they look right. They line
up wrong and the bottom get's chopped off - some of the address's have 4
lines and some 5 - could this be anything to do with it?

3. On screen it looks like the table screws up - it shows a small part of
the next page table and the start of the name and address - yet when printed
this small row is actually on the next page?! Is that normal?

4. Out of despiration I gave up on the label idea all together and made a
normal table to the dimention of the labels...guess what - bingo it works and
all line up fine - EXCEPT it will not print the last row on the table so
we're wasting 3 labels each page

HELP - any info appreciated!!

--
Thanks for your time
Egglett
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Did you check that the dimensions of your labels matched the definition of
the labels that you selected in Word?

You can change the position of the text on the labels (not that you should
have to) by changing the indent via FormatParagraph.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Egglett" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Egglett

Doug... thanks for that, I did find that and it works so it get's rid of one
problem - BUT

I am left now with labels that vertically go out of line as the pages print.
Mail merge produced 16 pages worth of label address's... they line up
perfect horizontal using the indent setting however after the 3'rd page the
text seems to rise up the page which means that the top labels are in line
but the bottom one's move up to the extent that the person's name is chopped
off the label

Any idea's on why that happens and how to stop it?

--
Thanks for your time
Egglett

"Egglett" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Two possibilities spring to mind -
1. There is slippage in the paper feed of the printer (test by printing on
plain paper) there is nothing that can be dome if this occurs - short of
replacing the printer with one that handles labels better.
2. You have a mismatch between the page sizes set in the label document and
the printer and have the scaling option set in the print dialog.