Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rbailey

Default Need a template for arranging academic scheduling of rooms

Would like to know if there is a program to configure scheduling of academic
courses/classrooms instead of figuring it out by our heads.
Am responsible for scheduling of courses for a college.
Is there something out there that can help in the formulation of scheduling
courses for students?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

My dept basically just uses an Excel sheet to create a table. Room names
along the top, times along the side, block in the classes, one table for
each day of the week. (Or actually, I think my department does weekdays
along the top, and a separate table for each room).

You can even color-code teachers, or subjects, or whatever you need to be
alerted to.

Software to do this sounds expensive--the sort of balancing necessary seems
to require a pretty human intelligence, that will be very specific to your
school.

A template sounds useless, as the start/end times and classroom names will
also be specific to your school, and you'll have to customize it so much it
will be easier just to write your own. However, check he
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...s/default.aspx

For simple tables like that, even a total newbie in Excel should be fine.
Just open it up and start playing around with documenting a schedule, save
the final version. You can save it as a template. If you need help with
Excel, though, look for an Excel newsgroup to ask questions.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Outlook can be used for this, I believe. You may need to be on an exchange
server, though. Not sure.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Rbailey" wrote in message
Would like to know if there is a program to configure scheduling of
academic
courses/classrooms instead of figuring it out by our heads.
Am responsible for scheduling of courses for a college.
Is there something out there that can help in the formulation of
scheduling
courses for students?

How to I lock a template for modification only? PegSCK Microsoft Word Help 4 February 24th 06 09:45 PM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
How to repair a broken link to template. Gary Burton Formatting Long Documents 9 January 27th 06 12:48 PM
Global/Master Template [email protected] New Users 1 October 27th 05 03:34 PM
CPU Usage When Working with Templates you created KM1 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 21st 05 11:57 PM