Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SharonJo

Default List of Figures

I need to create a List of Figures showing the page number. The catch is the
text only says: "See Figure 1-1". I need the list to show:
1-1 Maps.........4
(where 4 is the page number

I once had a report where someone did this by creating a list on the last
page of a document and then referencing it somehow???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi SharonJo

I assume that you have inserted the captions to your Figures using Insert
Reference Caption?

If so, then you can create a list of Figures like this. But copy a backup of
your document somewhere safe before you begin.

Click where you want the list of figures. Insert Reference Index and
Tables. On the Table of Figures tab, make sure that the "Show page numbers"
box is ticked, and make sure that "Right align page numbers is ticked", and
choose an appropriate Tab Leader (generally the .... one).

In the Caption box, choose Figure. Now, click OK.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word