Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
montgomerymouse

Default Can I Not Print Certain Sections oor Certain Styles in Document?

I have Word 2002 and Windows XP.

Is there a way that I can create a certain style which will not be printed,
only viewed in a document?

Along those lines, Is there a way that I can create certain sections within
a document that I could mark so that they are not printed.

I know I could do this as a comment, but that won't work for meas it needs
to look organic to the document on the screen.

Thanks!
Monte
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

You can write a macro (see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...tSavePrint.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm) that changes the
visibility of the style, prints the document, and then restores the
visibility. Exactly how you change the visibility depends on what you
want to do to the layout -- if you want the space occupied by the
invisible text to collapse, then set it to Hidden, or if you want the
space to remain as is, then change its font color to white.

For the "certain sections", you can insert a bookmark to enclose the
section, and have the macro change the visibility of the bookmarked
range in a similar way. Again, exactly how you do that depends on the
layout requirements, and also on whether there may be direct
formatting (italic, bold, etc.) in the section.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman