Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
oe

Default Calculations in tables

I have created an invoice template according to Dave Rado's method. After
quite a struggle (and help from this group!), it appears to be working OK -
as far as I am concerned. Unfortunately, the guys who will use this don't
have much idea about Word and updating fields so I am trying to create a
sort of "idiot's guide to ...."

I have four tables with bookmarks, etc. (2 columns in each table)

Table 1 is a list of costs of professional services.
Table 2 is a sub total (=sum(Tab1B:B))
Table 3 is the VAT at 17.5% (=tab2*17.5%)
Table 4 is the total (=sum(Tab1B:B)*117.5%)

Two problems now:

1. Is there any way I can put in a help to get them to right click and
update field in Table 2?

2. If the list of costs in Table 1 contains a negative value (Cost, less
amount already received on a previous invoice), how do I define the
sub-total in Table 2? For example:

Present invoice 2: £500.00
Less paid on invoice 1.... £ 150.00

Sub total: 350.00

It obviously works fine if I put in "-150.00" but that is not usually the
way they do it.

Not sure if all this is clear but I would appreciate help, please!

TIA
hkbs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
oe

I have been having another think about this and it all seems to work more
easily if I don't create this invoice as a form.

I have simply made the table, bookmarks and formulae and saved it as a
template.

However, I still don't see how to allow for a negative number in the total
field for amounts previously paid.

Can anyone help with this, please?

hkbs

"oe" wrote in message
[...]

Calculations in Word Tables Lord Tables 1 March 24th 06 08:08 PM
Calculations in tables oe New Users 8 February 25th 06 11:58 AM
Calculations in Word tables Dave New Users 10 April 3rd 05 12:15 AM
When joining tables, table sections shift left or right. JEB01 Tables 1 January 17th 05 07:57 PM
Is there a way to "join" tables in Word 2003? Julian Turner Tables 3 October 28th 04 06:51 PM