Jann

Default Superscript numbers

Is there any way to set superscript for numbers only? I
am working with a lenghly document. Right now, I have to
reset supercript for every single footnote number and
that is so time-consuming with hundreds of footnotes.
Thank you.
Greg Maxey

Why aren't you footnotes already superscripted? If you are using
InsertReferenceFootnote the default fomat is already set to superscript.

Anyway, EditReplaceMoreUse Wildcards.

Type "[0-9]" without the "" in the find what field
Type ^& in the Replace with fiel
Click FormatFontSuperscript
Replace All

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Jann wrote:
Is there any way to set superscript for numbers only? I
am working with a lenghly document. Right now, I have to
reset supercript for every single footnote number and
that is so time-consuming with hundreds of footnotes.
Thank you.

Klaus Linke

Greg Maxey wrote:
Why aren't you footnotes already superscripted? If you are using
InsertReferenceFootnote the default fomat is already set to superscript.

Yes, check the "Footnote reference" style, and change it to superscripted if it isn't.
If it isn't applied to the footnote references, you can re-apply it by searching for footnote references (Find what: ^f) and apply
the style (leave "Replace with" empty, and choose the "Footnote Reference" style in "More Format Style").

Greetings,
Klaus

Jann

Yes, I used Insert-Reference-Footnote, but I see
no "default" box to check off and it does not default. I
followed your suggestion via Edit, Replace, etc. There
is no "More" on my options in Word 2002, but there is the
Wildcard box. When I finished, one number was
superscripted, but as I typed, no other numbers were. I
thought it would automatically superscript as I typed but
it doesn't. Perhaps I need to tell it what I want
superscripted? Brackets? ??

.