C Callanan

Default Letterhead

I am trying to create a letterhead using Wordart and text - we have tried
using a header and footer but because of the dim appearance when viewing is
not suitable. What other option do we have where we can protect the
letterhead text and still are able to insert our letter content without
affecting that text.

Stefan Blom

Why is the fact that headers and footers are dimmed a problem, if they
are not to be edited by users, anyway?

The alternative to headers and footers is using frames or text boxes,
which is done in many of Word's built-in templates, but that is a
rather clumsy method of designing letterheads.

For more about setting up letter templates, please see the following
article by Suzanne S. Barnhill:

Setting Up Letter Templates
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

--