StephenW

Default Math with Date Mergefield

I have a mail merge with several date fields. I need to subtract 1 day from
one of them and also have this new date printed on my form. I've tried using
the {CALCULATE } merge field and {={MergeField R_Date}-1} and it does the
math on the field using the /'s in the date for division. I've try using {Set
RD "{Mergefield R_Date}"}{Set CD "{={Ref RD}-1}"} and it also does the
division.
Is there a way to do this calculation?
Thanks Steve
Charles Kenyon

This is more complex than you might imagine, but it can be done. See
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields2.htm for information on the different
kinds of ways to make a date calculation work. It includes links to pages
with fields and an explanation of different macros that can be used instead
of fields.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"StephenW" wrote in message
I have a mail merge with several date fields. I need to subtract 1 day from
one of them and also have this new date printed on my form. I've tried
using
the {CALCULATE } merge field and {={MergeField R_Date}-1} and it does the
math on the field using the /'s in the date for division. I've try using
{Set
RD "{Mergefield R_Date}"}{Set CD "{={Ref RD}-1}"} and it also does the
division.
Is there a way to do this calculation?
Thanks Steve

StephenW

Thanks Charles I'll check it out

"StephenW" wrote in message
I have a mail merge with several date fields. I need to subtract 1 day from
one of them and also have this new date printed on my form. I've tried
using
the {CALCULATE } merge field and {={MergeField R_Date}-1} and it does the
math on the field using the /'s in the date for division. I've try using
{Set
RD "{Mergefield R_Date}"}{Set CD "{={Ref RD}-1}"} and it also does the
division.
Is there a way to do this calculation?
Thanks Steve

Finding Creation Date Chris Microsoft Word Help 2 January 11th 05 04:43 AM
inserting a date field for a future date rm Microsoft Word Help 2 January 10th 05 07:18 PM
backwards date Alan Mailmerge 1 December 20th 04 08:03 AM
In Word, any way to add 120 days to a merged date? UsedBits Mailmerge 8 December 17th 04 08:35 PM
Date issue merging from Excel field in Date format to Word Barb Reinhardt Mailmerge 1 December 17th 04 07:34 AM