Elaine

Default Can I merge a protected document?

I have a form field document that must be protected in order to tab through
the fields. Is there a way of being able to merge part of the form while
maintaining the tabbing function with the form fields in Word 2000? I have
broken the document into sections and have protected only those which contain
the form fields.

My main goal is to create a form that can be merged but protected from any
alterations to the original form, but still allowing areas to fill in
information, like in Adobe.