Dave M

Default PROPER

I have a large spread sheet and it has numerous lines with all CAPS. How can
I apply PROPER formula to a range of cells? If there is another solution I am
open. I just can't correct cell by cell.

Thanks in advance for your time.
tjtjjtjt

Dave,

Do you mean an Excel Spreadsheet?
This is a Word group, so for future reference, you may want to post in an
Excel group.

Anyway, here is one way to do it:
Press Alt+F11 to bring up the Visual Basic Editor.
Press Ctrl+G to bring up the Immediate Window. (It will appear as a separate
area near the bottom of the screen)
Then, copy this into the Immediate Window:
for each cell in activesheet.usedrange : cell.formula =
strconv(cell.formula, vbProperCase) : next

MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL OF THAT ON ONE LINE. If it breaks onto a second line,
use the backspace key to get it all on one line.
When it's all on one line, press Enter.

tj