Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sync-opy Sync-opy is offline

Default Word Wrap in the Document Map, possible?

Hi,
Is there any way to Word Wrap the text in the Doc Map?

The problem is that I am using the Document Map for a long document and many
of the names of my section headings start with the same text and are
differentiated from each other only by the latter half of the section heading
title.

The problem is that when I need to jump around the document quickly, the
latter half of the heading titles are hidden once they extend past the end of
the Doc Map frame preventing me from being able to tell the sections apart.

Other things I have already tried:
-font size in my Doc map is fine (although I can't really make it any smaller)
-the width of the doc map column really can't be any bigger or it will
eclipse the document
-I have tried modifying the Styles and Formatting for the Doc Map but I
can't seem to find anything that will fix it.
-I tried just forcing a line break between the beginning and latter part of
my section heading text, but that seriously messes up my Table of Contents
and I have to keep sending the documents to superiors for revisions, so it
really can't be so confusing when they are reviewing it.

Thanks for any and all help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?U3luYy1vcHk=?=,

Is there any way to Word Wrap the text in the Doc Map?

The problem is that I am using the Document Map for a long document and many
of the names of my section headings start with the same text and are
differentiated from each other only by the latter half of the section heading
title.

One could question whether this long text would need to be repeated in each
section heading. But perhaps you haven't any choice about the matter...

No, there's no way to change how the Document Map breaks the text. Perhaps
change the order of text in the headings until you've finished the major
editing?

The problem is that when I need to jump around the document quickly, the
latter half of the heading titles are hidden once they extend past the end of
the Doc Map frame preventing me from being able to tell the sections apart.

Other things I have already tried:
-font size in my Doc map is fine (although I can't really make it any smaller)
-the width of the doc map column really can't be any bigger or it will
eclipse the document
-I have tried modifying the Styles and Formatting for the Doc Map but I
can't seem to find anything that will fix it.
-I tried just forcing a line break between the beginning and latter part of
my section heading text, but that seriously messes up my Table of Contents
and I have to keep sending the documents to superiors for revisions, so it
really can't be so confusing when they are reviewing it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)