Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chill1218 chill1218 is offline

Default damaged Building Blocks.dotx file

Somehow I have managed to corrupt/change/damage my Building Blocks.dotx file.
Now I can't insert page numbers as headers or footers. I tried using the
diagnostic program, but it didn't find or fix the problem. How can I repair
the file or wher can I download a copy to replace the corrupt file?
--
Constance Hill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

See the Everyone section on my B2TR page.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"chill1218" wrote in message
:

Somehow I have managed to corrupt/change/damage my Building Blocks.dotx file.
Now I can't insert page numbers as headers or footers. I tried using the
diagnostic program, but it didn't find or fix the problem. How can I repair
the file or wher can I download a copy to replace the corrupt file?
--
Constance Hill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roni Roni is offline

Patrick: I am new to this group, my first post and day
I tried to look up your references, Everone section and b2tr
but had no luck.. where are those located?

Roni.

"chill1218" wrote in message
:

Somehow I have managed to corrupt/change/damage my Building Blocks.dotx file.
Now I can't insert page numbers as headers or footers. I tried using the
diagnostic program, but it didn't find or fix the problem. How can I repair
the file or wher can I download a copy to replace the corrupt file?
--
Constance Hill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roni Roni is offline

Sorry, forgot to provide my email address:
Roni. Tampa, Florida. THank you again!

"chill1218" wrote in message
:

Somehow I have managed to corrupt/change/damage my Building Blocks.dotx file.
Now I can't insert page numbers as headers or footers. I tried using the
diagnostic program, but it didn't find or fix the problem. How can I repair
the file or wher can I download a copy to replace the corrupt file?
--
Constance Hill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Don't provide your email address here. No one will ever email you a
response, and all you are going to get is spam as spammers have programs
that go through newsgroups and extract email addresses. If you take a
look at the regular posters here, you'll see that no one provides a
valid email address. For example, I have a "nospam" thing in the address
that needs to be removed to get a valid one.
To answer your question. In my signature, there is a link to my B2TR
page: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
That particular page has an Everyone section.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

:

"chill1218" wrote in message
:

Somehow I have managed to corrupt/change/damage my Building Blocks.dotx file.
Now I can't insert page numbers as headers or footers. I tried using the
diagnostic program, but it didn't find or fix the problem. How can I repair
the file or wher can I download a copy to replace the corrupt file?
--
Constance Hill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roni Roni is offline

Thank you for your prompt response! You are right, I was unaware of the
"spam factor". I did find the file and renamed it instead of deleting it. I
trust that will do the same and word will build a new one. Right?

:

"chill1218" wrote in message
:

Somehow I have managed to corrupt/change/damage my Building Blocks.dotx file.
Now I can't insert page numbers as headers or footers. I tried using the
diagnostic program, but it didn't find or fix the problem. How can I repair
the file or wher can I download a copy to replace the corrupt file?
--
Constance Hill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Yes, once you open a gallery in Word for the first time again, it will
rebuild the file.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

:

:

"chill1218" wrote in message
:

Somehow I have managed to corrupt/change/damage my Building Blocks.dotx file.
Now I can't insert page numbers as headers or footers. I tried using the
diagnostic program, but it didn't find or fix the problem. How can I repair
the file or wher can I download a copy to replace the corrupt file?
--
Constance Hill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Patrick,

If you take a
look at the regular posters here, you'll see that no one provides a
valid email address.

I do... But it's a "junk mail account" that I check rarely...

Cindy Meister

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jallensj jallensj is offline

Thanks Patrick!!!!!!! I had this problem will all versions including the
trial version, but I assumed it'd be fixed and I didn't know I should have
deleted first so I'm glad I learned this!

:

:

"chill1218" wrote in message
:

Somehow I have managed to corrupt/change/damage my Building Blocks.dotx file.
Now I can't insert page numbers as headers or footers. I tried using the
diagnostic program, but it didn't find or fix the problem. How can I repair
the file or wher can I download a copy to replace the corrupt file?
--
Constance Hill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
depro depro is offline

i deleted the file, but when i restart word in folfer /Document Building
Blocks/1033 there is no file. Word is not creating the building blocks file.
What's happening? Thanks

Why does Word close when I close a file? Kwalityguy Microsoft Word Help 9 December 13th 06 06:41 PM
merge instructions from text file Steve Mailmerge 8 November 26th 05 03:31 AM
How do I prevent Word from locking the file? Scott Bass New Users 0 October 5th 05 05:20 PM
open file talbert Microsoft Word Help 1 May 3rd 05 03:14 PM
mail merg file list auroracrum Mailmerge 3 March 11th 05 08:45 PM