Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lettermail lettermail is offline

Default Advanced MS Word Template Design Question: Version 2

Greetings!

This project orginally started here just over 2 years ago. I got it to
work, but it was never implemented.

Advanced MS Word Template Design Question: Image swap

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...docmanagement/
browse_thread/thread/c1d0485da7d1c735?hl=en%3Fhl%3Den&fwc=2

(linebreak added manually)

Now we need to move forward on it. There are changes to the way it will
work so iI just wnat to confirm a few things before starting and add
some additional info.

1) To simplify things, we want to create a tool bar of commands.Should
not be a big deal -- we'd be running the macros from the tool bar
instead of double-clicking on objects in the actual document,

2) They macros need to change the state of objects in the document and
also know which state the object is in so that it is the same buttom to
toggle the state change. I think a and b are virutally identical in
terms of functionality, they just do different things.

a) On or Off: i.e. fill in a check box or unfill a check box
b) Hide an object/series of objects or unhide and object/series of
objects (i.e. 3 images in header and footer)

3) I assume that it would be built in a similar way to the previous
thread (above) -- but that the button bar would toggle the state
change. However, this would require me, I assume to NAME the objects so
that I can toggle them from the button bar.

I tried to look at the previous code i created, but since it was so
long ago, I can see the VBA, but not the actual field info to edit it.
I remember that the VBA changed the state of the image, but it also
swaped the field code information so that when clicked again it would
perform the opposite function. Also, I am not a VBA programmer, but I
do have script experience with other languages.

Other Issues:

1) We use some Office 2000, some XP and some 2004 for Mac. It needs to
work on all of them. The locking function was an issue for older
versions -- so we could not lock the macros down.

2) The .DOT does not seem to work when we save it -- i.e. it will not
let us save as a document, it requires to save a s a.DOT.

3) We want to store the templates on a network drive and have people
use them each time to create a new document.

thank you in advance,
jg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Attention! Duplicate posting in word.vba.general newsgroup.
As the questions are macro-related, that will be the better
venue to pursue the discussion.

Cindy Meister

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Cindy M. wrote:
Attention! Duplicate posting in word.vba.general newsgroup.
As the questions are macro-related, that will be the better
venue to pursue the discussion.

Cindy Meister

Just to confirm you are asking me to duplicate this posting to the
word.vba.general newsgroup.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Cindy M. wrote:
Attention! Duplicate posting in word.vba.general newsgroup.
As the questions are macro-related, that will be the better
venue to pursue the discussion.

Cindy Meister

Reposted in word.vba.general