Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jmcclain jmcclain is offline

Default Mailmerge and a non-avery label

I am trying to do a merge to a Dymo 30256 label to be printed on a DYMO label
printer.

Can someone suggest how to make this work?

I have tried setting up a custom label, but with no success.

Thanks,

Jon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Is this a Dymo LabelWriter?

I have been able to make mine work with MailMerge. It's not actually
significantly different from setting up any other printer to work with a
special paper size in Word. What I had to do was
a. go into Word File|Print and select the Dymo, then Properties|Advanced
and set the paper size to be the label type you want. I think it may default
to some size like A4 that you can't possibly have on a LabelWriter
b. in the File|Print dialog, click Close.
c. Go into File|Page Setup|Paper and select the same label size. move to
the Margins tab and set all the margins to 0. When you click OK, the "Fix
margins" message will show. SClick FIx and check that the ones chosen are
usable (e.g. here it is 0.3cm at the top and 0.1cm on the other sides). If
not usable, change them back to 0, "Ignore" instead of "Fix", and you'll
have to click your way through the dialog boxes that appear when you
actually merge.
d. Word's blank document should now look more label-sized. I'd save it at
some point, but you may need to check Printer settings again when you re-use
it.
e. Then instead of doing a Label merge, use a Letter merge, select your
data source, insert your fields in the usual way (don't havea Next
record field at the top) and you can merge 1 or more records at a time. As
far as I know you don't get gaps, which is the nice thing about the Dymo.

Peter Jamieson

"jmcclain" wrote in message
I am trying to do a merge to a Dymo 30256 label to be printed on a DYMO
label
printer.

Can someone suggest how to make this work?

I have tried setting up a custom label, but with no success.

Thanks,

Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jmcclain jmcclain is offline