Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheri Sheri is offline

Default Insert table next to wording, with table continuing to next pages

After trying a couple of hints for other questions I found in the
discussions, I still can't get this to work. The document was typed in Word
by someone else, and now they want me to add a 1/2-inch table (or something
else?) which will continue down the right side of several pages so I can
enter a little information beside some of the text. I could get it to work
using the hints I found ... until I enter info in the table that makes the
table long enough to go to the next page. Then it moves the entire table to
the next page, and all the wording that had been to the left of the table
moves to the next page with it, leaving almost nothing on the first page.
Any hints? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is this a wrapped table (that is, is the "Text wrapping" set to "Around"
on the Table tab of the Table Properties dialog box)? Depending on the
version of Word, wrapped tables might not break across pages.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sheri" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheri Sheri is offline

Default Insert table next to wording, with table continuing to next pa

Yes, it's set to "around" and it's Word 2003. I guess I have to make
separate tables. Thanks for trying, Stefan! Sheri

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Is this a wrapped table (that is, is the "Text wrapping" set to "Around"
on the Table tab of the Table Properties dialog box)? Depending on the
version of Word, wrapped tables might not break across pages.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sheri" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Are any table rows formatted as "Keep with next" (Format | Paragraph,
Line and Page Breaks tab)? If so, clear that option.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Is this a wrapped table (that is, is the "Text wrapping" set to

"Around"
on the Table tab of the Table Properties dialog box)? Depending on

the
version of Word, wrapped tables might not break across pages.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news