Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
in.jester in.jester is offline

Default how do I create negative numbers in Equation editor

can anyone advise how to create positive and negative numbers in equations
using equation editor in Word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tim tim is offline

Maybe I'm missing something...but wouldn't you just position the cursor in
front of the number or variable and press the "-" (minus) key?

Tim

"in.jester" wrote in message
can anyone advise how to create positive and negative numbers in equations
using equation editor in Word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 23:32:02 -0700, in.jester
wrote:

can anyone advise how to create positive and negative numbers in equations
using equation editor in Word 2007

It may be that you have to enclose it in parentheses. It seems to be
that I have a problem with something like

-2
y=x

until I entered it as

(-2)