Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DonD DonD is offline

Default How can I copy an Excel table, w/ its header and footer into Word?

Can anyone tell me how I can copy an Excel file "that includes its header and
footer" so I can paste it into a Word document? Seems like a resonable
request? I can't figure it out.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

DonD,

As far as I know, within Word you can embed or link the Excel spreadsheet
but you cannot capture the Excel header/footer. While it might be possible to
capture it using VBA or advanced field coding, it is probably easier to
recreate the header/footer in word.

Since the days of Lotus 123, the purpose of the spreadsheet was to
manipulate numbers. Most spreadsheets had/have only rudimentary capabilities
to control the printed output of a spreadsheet. Thus the development of the
integrated suite, MS Office, etc. Since Excel (2003 and prior) treat the
header/footer of sheet 1 as something seperate from sheet 2, setting h/f in
excel can be painful. Word provides far better control of text headers than
Excel.

Perhaps some Excel MVPs have worked out this issue. I suggest re-posting
this query to the Excel discussion group.

--
Tom Conrad

"DonD" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how I can copy an Excel file "that includes its header and
footer" so I can paste it into a Word document? Seems like a resonable
request? I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Install the SnagIt demo www.techsmith.com
Set its printer output to file jpg
Print the Excel spreadsheet to the SnagIt Driver.
Insert the resulting graphic into Word.
That's the only way you'll get something added at print time included in
your spreadsheet.