Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick Duley Rick Duley is offline

Default Spelling Check in Word 2007

My default dictionary in Word 2007 is set to English (New Zealand) - valid
personal preference

When the Spelling Checker highlights a word, the dictionary in use is shown
as English (Australia) and I cannot add to my custom dictionary (Button
greyed-out). If I change the dictionary to English (New Zealand, the cursor
moves past the highlighted word, I still cannot add to the dictionary, I need
to click Ignore to move on.

I assume that this is not the way it is supposed to work

How do I get it to work properly?

All help appreciated
--
Rick Duley
Perth,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Custom.dic file should be set to "All Languages." You can set your
preferred language elsewhere. See
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm